What is Family Dentistry?
When a dental practice provides care for patients of all ages, it is considered family dentistry. Family dentistry includes the whole family, making it possible for everyone in a household to go to the same dental practice. The same dental services are offered in a family practice that are offered in other dental offices, such as cleanings, exams, fillings, etc. but there is not a specific focus on adults or children.
Benefits of Family Dentistry
Going to a family dentist has many benefits, such as:
- Make fewer trips. You can make dental appointments for the whole family on the same day at the same place. That way you only need to make one trip to the dentist every 6 months instead of multiple trips to different offices. You’ll save gas money and mileage.
- File insurance once. Once you have your insurance on file at your family dental practice, you won’t have to update it unless you change plans or providers.
- Accommodates children as they grow into adults. Pediatric dental offices are great for children, until they outgrow them. Once children reach their teenage years or adulthood, it is usually time for them to find another dentist that is more age appropriate. But with a family dentist there’s no need to make a change; your child can simply continue their dental care at the same practice as they grow.
Toland Dental provides the following dental services for families:
- General – Our general dentistry services include cleanings, oral exams, root canals, extractions, and more.
- Restorative – Our restorative dental procedures include fillings, inlays, onlays, bridges, dentures, and dental implants.
- Cosmetic – Cosmetic dentistry treatments and procedures can be appropriate for both children and adults in most cases. We provide teeth whitening, veneers, cosmetic bonding, microabrasion, and more.
- Emergency – Patients of all ages can experience dental emergencies. We provide emergency dentistry for urgent situations that require immediate attention, such as dislodged teeth and dental injuries.
- Sleep – Sleep dentistry services are important for patients of all ages from children through adults. Our sleep treatments include oral appliances that can reduce snoring and promote better breathing at night.
Why Choose Toland Dental?
Your family deserves the best quality dental care at a practice that makes your family feel like our family. We go above and beyond the standard to provide excellent dental care that you can rely on. You only get one set of permanent teeth in your lifetime. Trust Toland Dental to help you take care of your teeth and your children’s teeth so that they have the best chance of lasting for the long haul.